Friday 5 October 2012

Smile.


Smile.

Today, as I sat absentmindedly staring out of the window of my paused bus, a man smiled at me. I didn’t do anything at all to warrant this kind, simple gesture. In fact, quite possibly the polar opposite, I recall having quite a sullen face. The moment he smiled, I instantaneously felt content and involuntarily smiled back. I did not know this man and he did not know me. Though such a miniscule, effortless action between two complete strangers left a lasting warmness with me for a long time afterwards. How can it be that a smile, something so utterly taken for granted but so fundamental in our everyday being as humans in portraying so much can have such a profound effect. In simple; people should smile more. It does not cost money; it is neither strenuous nor taxing in any way but can change the angle of so many things in less than a second. Its free happiness and we should most definitely take full advantage of such a thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment